Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pregnant Leanne: Week 27 - Grumble

December 8, 2009: Week 27 of pregnancy

I remember reading in my copy of What to Expect When You’re Expecting that I could expect mood swings. Moreover, in my sixth month, I could expect "fewer mood swings." Up until this month, I can’t say I’ve felt particularly moody. Even my partner Scott can attest that I’ve been a bit on the teary side but otherwise lovely (and no, I wasn’t holding a knife to his throat when he said that!).

This week however, I feel different. I guess, in other things including my baby bump, I’m a late bloomer. I’m not just moody -- I’m the definition of irritable. Although Scott slides by unscathed, I can’t say the same for me. Just last Thursday, I caught myself saying out loud to the participants in my boot camp class, "If I have to correct your posture one more time, I'm going to freaking lose it." I actually said, "Freaking lose it." Luckily, they thought I was joking and it turned into a wonderful teaching moment...FOR THEM!

Drivers also annoy me. My staff is annoying me. The trainer at the gym who asks me twice a week, "How the pregnancy is going?" and always exclaims how "excited" I must be. Well, I answer, Nothing’s changed since Tuesday, when you last asked me. Yes, I’m excited. It’s so exciting. We are so freaking excited. Thankfully, I’ve been able to maintain my inside voice on that one and be my normal polite self. For now.

I’m waiting for the joy and peace of Christmas to wash over me. I don’t think I can stand all this excitement.

No comments: